Each year thousands of women and girls from poorer towns and villages, in Thailand, flock to cities like Bangkok and Pattaya to work in bars, gogo bars, brothels and massage parlors. Some are sold outright by their families as slaves, where they may end up locked in closed brothels. Others are sent by their families to work in the lucrative tourist sex trade and return the majority of their incomes back home. Some have children of their own that they are hoping to give a better life. But in far too many cases, that dream never comes true.In July, I will be returning back to Thailand for a couple of months, where I will be serving along side a ministry called "The Well." "The Well" is an organization which loves bar girls and sex workers the same way, that Jesus loved the woman at the well." The Well provides counseling, job development, and training, and housing for the girls who desire away out of the sex industry.
Since I have left Thailand in August of 2007, There has not been one day when I have not thought of and prayed for Freedom for the lives of those who live in Thailand. I know this is a place where the Lord will have me invest into lives. I believe with all of my heart that freedom will and can break out but it's by the prayers of the saints.
Here is a story of God setting free a 13 year old girl who was working as a bar girl:
Her name is Bonny and she is 13 years old. First approaching the bar to talk to her, the bar manager quickly says "She is not working here, she is family and is here for a holiday." We knew that this was not true. She in fact was working as a bar girl. The bar manager was telling us that Bonny did not work there in fear that we were police. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 20 years old to work in the bars.

That night we paid Bonny's bar fine, taking her to sing Karaoke, it was beautiful to see her smile and enjoy herself. She could smile knowing that she was safe. Jim is a man who is over "The Well." His heart broke in two when he saw Bonny working in the bars. I felt as though I observed Jesus reach out to Bonny with loving arms of grace. Jim said "I am getting her out of here, even if it means I must adopt her." Sure enough, Jim talked to her and that night we brought her home so she could peacefully rest. The following morning Bonny and her friend who is 16 years old named Boozy and was a dancer at the bars, came to visit "The Well," where there were about 12 other girls who understood their past and were trying to get her to come and join them at "The Well." Sure enough both Bonny and Boozy now are making and selling crafts for money and can safely sleep at night and be taught the word of God as well as english during the day.
In celebration for Bonny and Buzzy leaving the Bars, We took all the girls out for dinner. It was beautiful so see them smile. I asked Bo if she was happy to be at the well she smiled and said, "Yes, I can Sleep." At 13 years old Bonny was in fear of her conditions of her life when she woke the next morning. Praise God, Now sleep peacefully, waking in the morning secure.
As of now Bonny has given her life to the Lord and is serving him. Her family is very hungry for God as well. Please be praying for her family.
SHE IS HIS BELOVED



















As of now Bonny has given her life to the Lord and is serving him. Her family is very hungry for God as well. Please be praying for her family.
SHE IS HIS BELOVED



















2 comments:
you are beautiful, my little nuk nuk!
Nichole,
I am overwhelmed with joy and excitement at the idea of you going and giving and serving in Thailand! God has already used you powerfully and I know has so much more in store for you there. Praise Him! :) love you.
Post a Comment